Green Snakes Can Be Dangerous Too

Green garden grass snakes can be dangerous. Yes, grass snakes, not
rattlesnakes. A couple in Sweetwater, Texas had a lot of potted plants and
during a recent cold spell, the wife was bringing a lot of them indoors to
protect them from a possible freeze. It turned out that a little green garden
grass snake was hidden in one of the plants and when it had warmed up, it
slithered out and the wife saw it go under the sofa. She let out a very loud
scream. The husband who was taking a shower ran out into the living room
naked to see what the problem was. She told him there was a snake under
the sofa. He got down on the floor on his hands and knees to look for it.

About that time the family dog came and cold-nosed him on the leg. He
thought the snake had bitten him and he fainted. His wife thought he had a
heart attack, so she called an ambulance. The attendants rushed in and
loaded him on the stretcher and started carrying him out. About that time the
snake came out from under the sofa and the Emergency Medical technician
saw it and dropped his end of the stretcher. That's when the man broke his
leg and why he is in the hospital. The wife still had the problem of the snake
in the house, so she called on a neighbor man. He volunteered to capture the
snake. He armed himself with a rolled-up newspaper and began poking under
the couch. Soon he decided it was gone and told the woman, who sat down
on the sofa in relief. But in relaxing, her hand dangled in between the
cushions, where she felt the snake wriggling around. She screamed and
fainted, the snake rushed back under the sofa, and the neighbor man, seeing
her laying there passed out tried to use CPR to revive her. The neighbor's
wife, who had just returned from shopping at the grocery store, saw her
husband's mouth on the woman's mouth and slammed her husband in the
back of the head with a bag of canned goods, knocking him out and cutting
his scalp to a point where it needed stitches. The noise woke the woman from
her dead faint and she saw her neighbor lying on the floor with his wife
bending over him, so she assumed he had been bitten by the snake.

She went to the kitchen, brought back a small bottle of whiskey, and began
pouring it down the man's throat. By now the police had arrived. They saw the
unconscious man, smelled the whiskey, and assumed that a drunken fight
had occurred. They were about to arrest them all, while the two women tried
to explain how it all happened over a little green snake. They called an
ambulance, which took away the neighbor and his sobbing wife. Just then the
little snake crawled out from under the couch. One of the policemen drew his
gun and fired at it. He missed the snake and hit the leg of the end table that
was on one side of the sofa. The table fell over and the lamp on it shattered
and as the bulb broke, it started a fire in the drapes.

The other policeman tried to beat out the flames and fell through the window
into the yard on top of the family dog, who startled, jumped up and raced out
into the street, where an oncoming car swerved to avoid it and smashed into
the parked police car and set it on fire. Meanwhile the burning drapes had
spread to the walls and the entire house was blazing. Neighbors had called
the Fire Department and the arriving fire truck had started raising his ladder
as they were halfway down the street. The rising ladder tore out the overhead
wires and put out the electricity and disconnected the telephones in a
ten-square city block area. Time passed ----------------- Both men were
discharged from the hospital, the house was re-built, the police acquired a
new car, and all was right with their world. About a year later they were
watching TV and the weatherman announced a cold snap for that night. The
husband asked his wife if she thought they should bring in their plants for the
night.

She shot him.
Green Snakes