HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?
1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th)
than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears +
Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer
in the world.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and
keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super
Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a
Wal- Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion).
12. 90% of Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart,
How Big Is Wal-Mart?